The Importance of Proper Specifications for MSE walls
Using proper specifications in the design and construction of MSE walls is crucial to having a successful project. Up-to-date, technically appropriate specifications allow you to:
- Customize the design to the reinforcement type (bar mats, welded wire mats, strips).
- Properly account for all loading conditions, including traffic and/or earth surcharges.
- Be sure the structure has the required design life.
- Control/check the characteristics of the manufactured/supplied construction materials (face panels, reinforcements, accessories, backfill).
- Verify that proper erection procedures are being followed.
- Check required facing appearance (ordinary surface or architectural finish).
- Control plumbness and alignment of the facing.
- Control placement and compaction of the backfill.
To obtain proper specifications for your project you may:
- Contact AMSE directly to receive typical specifications by email.
- Contact an AMSE member for assistance.
- Download them from this site when available.